Thursday 18 July 2013

Spoiwa Kultury impressions


Let me ask you a question: can you think outside the box? It means to think in a special, different way, in a way that nobody expects…
 I have always admired people who can come up with a new idea or approach. So if you ask me to characterise SPOIWA KULTURY FESTIWAL in one word, this word will be: “Admiration”.That is what I can say about the festival, which gathered so many creative participants at one place for the entire three days.
 
I can clearly remember the moment: The main courtyard of Zamek Książąt Pomorskich, spectaculars are waiting for the start of dancing performance "Mush:Room" by Liquid Loft from Austria. The waiting is broken by the light and some strange noise from the left… The whole audience turns their heads towards the girl who started making the movements. Suddenly there appears the light and the noise from the right. Hundreds of spectaculars’ heads turn again and see a girl and a boy who make mysterious movements. The atmosphere of magic and increasing excitement was spreading and exactly at this time I understood that for the next few hours I would experience something truly special. Their performance was unique. Using the perfectly tuned sound, dancers showed repeated, forward and reverse actions, as if you watch .gif picture not on the screen of your PC, but alive. With my eyes wide open, I focused the maximum of my attention on the performance and absolutely enjoyed it. That was the triumph of the beautiful sound and the human skill!
Full of emotions and a bit embarrassed after the show, satisfied audience moved to the small courtyard of Zamek Książąt Pomorskich, where another miracle took place. Tha play "No concert" by No Theatre from Lithuania was epic.It seemed that Lithuanian masters could do everything on the stage: with their powerful voices they sang and played the musical instruments, they performed spectacular dances and even fights and made the whole audience burst out laughing many times. Though I didn’t see every performance during the festival I can surely assume that this one was one of the best. The first night of the festival was marvellous. 

On the next day, when I was on my way to Municipal public library to see the performance "Time has fallen asleep in the afternoon sunshine" by Mette Edvardsen from Norway, I didn’t know what to expect. At the entrance I was asked to choose a book. Then an attractive girl said something like: “One moment please, I will ask your book if it is free and can come to you”. I thought I caught these words wrongly but then another girl approached me and said: “Hello, I am “Answered prayers” by Truman Capote. Please follow me and we will start reading.” Confused but interested though, I followed my book…

…30 minutes of reading went quickly. Must say that was something particularly unique. When my book was sitting in front of me and spoke aloud the novel, I watched into its eyes and listened carefully but all the time I was misled by the strange feeling when you don’t know how to keep and where to put your arms and legs, where to look and how to sit. When the book asked questions, I thought that she asked me but in fact it was the text of the novel.

It is said that the idea of this performance comes from the novel “Fahrenheit 451”. As I have never read this book before, I couldn’t even imagine that it is generally possible to present a book in this way and that was the special thing that made this experience remarkable for me.
It was also truly remarkable to create “the art of masterpiece” with my own hands (for those who are charmed by the beauty of the creature on the picture I will tell you that this is a vase) during the ceramics workshop by Hrach Hambardzumyan from Armenia and to play percussions in the ‘kitchen and other random equipment orchestra’ headed by the conductor Patryk Zakrocki from Poland at the percussions workshop.
  
You know, there are moments in our lives which we hope to remember forever. Sadly, but it often happens that we forget them unless somebody reminds us about this or that legendary moment. With new impressions after SPOIWA KULTURY FESTIWAL and full of admiration, I decided to start my own list of the things to remember forever and of course you can guess the first notes I made. So now I can be sure, that I will never lose my memories of this amazing and successful festival! 

By Maksym Nikolaichuk (Ukraine)

No comments:

Post a Comment